Welcome to the first day of our first trip to Europe! This is going to be a fun trip! We start our travel day in Portland and travel to London with a layover in Dallas and then visit a bunch of must dos in London.
When we arrive in London, we head to our hotel via the Underground to drop off our bags and check out our room at the Hoxton Holborn. It’s a great room!
We are off to see some sights now, starting with the British Museum, which is a quick walk from our hotel. They have a lot of really cool artifacts on display, like a thorn from Jesus’ crown, actual mummies, one of the Easter Island statues, and the Rosetta stone.
Next is the Natural History Museum. On our way there, we discuss some differences between England and the US. At the museum, there are so many dinosaur displays! Rachel loves dinosaurs, so we really enjoyed it.
The rest of our day is spent at Hyde Park, Harrods, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Thames River, the London Eye, and taking a double decker bus to Piccadilly Circus and the Theater District. To end our very busy first day, we stop by Sainsbury’s for some dinner and a treat and then head back to our room to an anniversary surprise.
⭐️ LINKS FOR YOU
(as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases)
• Prepaid sim card that works in Europe: https://amzn.to/3AHAAQ9
• Motion sickness relief: https://amzn.to/3PKGnsH
• Camera (not used in this video): https://amzn.to/3AHyUpP
• Mic (not used in this video): https://amzn.to/3R3DCnl
• SD card: https://amzn.to/3ceJATM
• Camera mount: https://amzn.to/3Kjosbe
• Computer: https://amzn.to/3R4pnP1
• Rachel’s Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RachelCheyann
• Rachel’s Instagram (Includes trip photos & highlights!): https://www.instagram.com/rachelcheyann/
• Subscribe and click the bell icon! https://www.youtube.com/user/RachelCheyann7?sub_confirmation=1
00:00 – intro & trip overview
00:40 – traveling to Europe
04:03 – arriving in London
07:35 – Hoxton Holborn shoebox room tour
09:10 – the British Museum
12:35 – the Natural History Museum
14:39 – Hyde Park
16:42 – Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
18:55 – Thames River and the London Eye
19:14 – double decker bus ride to Piccadilly Circus
20:07 – surprise in our room + Sainsbury’s haul
⭐️ WATCH THESE NEXT
• Europe playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLesxB71TX5VP8n-1pyBZGhg_-KWyTQK3b
• Pacific Northwest playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLesxB71TX5VMCMjvpG4CUEr0w7mOTgRha
• Mexico Vacation playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLesxB71TX5VMvsd0QBO0JKFoiZTlkeLwK
• Las Vegas playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLesxB71TX5VMwpBm2KzWgmBh7pSBrd7PA
We share fun travel stories, travel tips, entertaining travel vlogs of the places we have been, and other info to help make your future trips awesome. The Disney parks are a favorite place of ours, along with anywhere tropical. We want to travel all over the world though, so you’ll see many different types of destinations here. We especially love ecotourism and being adventurous in nature. Saving money and cutting costs where we can, while still doing everything we want to do, is another passion of ours.
If these are things you would enjoy, subscribe to our channel now and click the bell icon to get notifications when our new videos come out. We post a new video every week!
Thanks for watching!
❤️ Rachel & Austin
#rachelandaustin #travelvlog #travelday #londonvlog