More info about travel to Florence: https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/italy/florence Florence, Italy, was the epicenter of the Renaissance, the cultural explosion that propelled Europe out of the Middle Ages and into an economic, intellectual, and artistic boom time. Wealth from the Medici family is largely responsible for funding many of the city’s Renaissance icons, including Brunelleschi’s dome and Michelangelo’s “David.” #ricksteveseurope #ricksteves #florence
Visit http://www.ricksteves.com for more information about this destination and other destinations in Europe.
Check out more Rick Steves’ Europe travel resources:
• “Rick Steves’ Europe” public television series: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/tv-show
• “Travel with Rick Steves” public radio program: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/radio
• European Tours: https://www.ricksteves.com/tours
• Guidebooks: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/guidebooks
• Travel Gear: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/
• Travel Classes: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/travel-talks
• Rick Steves Audio Europe App: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-europe
Rick Steves, America’s most respected authority on European travel, writes European travel guidebooks, and hosts travel shows on public television and public radio.