More info about travel to the Peloponnese: https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/greece/peloponnese Often referred to as the “Gibraltar of Greece,” Monemvasia is a virtual showcase of Byzantine, Turkish, and Venetian history dating back to the 13th century. Worth climbing: the steep zigzag path that leads up and up, out of the lower town, to ruins of the fortified upper town, and sweeping views of the Mediterranean Sea. #ricksteveseurope #ricksteves #peloponnese
Visit http://www.ricksteves.com for more information about this destination and other destinations in Europe.
Check out more Rick Steves’ Europe travel resources:
• “Rick Steves’ Europe” public television series: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/tv-show
• “Travel with Rick Steves” public radio program: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/radio
• European Tours: https://www.ricksteves.com/tours
• Guidebooks: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/guidebooks
• Travel Gear: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/
• Travel Classes: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/travel-talks
• Rick Steves Audio Europe App: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-europe
Rick Steves, America’s most respected authority on European travel, writes European travel guidebooks, and hosts travel shows on public television and public radio.