Rick Steves’ Europe Travel Guide © 2020 | After exploring the proud cuisine capital of Lyon — which, at least in its own mind, rivals Paris — we head for Chamonix, in the shadow of western Europe’s tallest peak: Mont Blanc. With the classic alpine resort as our springboard, we make some high-altitude cheese, then ride the lift up to the Aiguille du Midi and over to the border of Italy. And we hike the Tour du Mont Blanc — the trail that circles that iconic mountain. #ricksteves #ricksteveseurope #frenchalps
Visit http://www.ricksteves.com for more information about these destinations and other destinations in Europe.
Check out more Rick Steves’ Europe travel resources:
• “Rick Steves’ Europe” public television series: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/tv-show
• “Travel with Rick Steves” public radio program: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/radio
• European Tours: https://www.ricksteves.com/tours
• Guidebooks: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/guidebooks
• Travel Gear: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/
• Travel Classes: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/travel-talks
• Rick Steves Audio Europe App: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-europe
Rick Steves, America’s most respected authority on European travel, writes European travel guidebooks, and hosts travel shows on public television and public radio.