Watch the full episode: https://youtu.be/Qe5T3Jxhem0 The colorful Pena Palace, located in the town of Sintra, is the Versailles of Portugal. In the mid-19th century, the flamboyant Prince Ferdinand built this fantasy, mixing Gothic towers, Renaissance domes, Moorish minarets, and Disney playfulness. More info about travel to Portugal: https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/portugal #ricksteveseurope #portugal #sintra
Visit http://www.ricksteves.com for more information about this destination and other destinations in Europe.
Check out more Rick Steves’ Europe travel resources:
• “Rick Steves’ Europe” public television series: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/tv-show
• “Travel with Rick Steves” public radio program: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/radio
• European Tours: https://www.ricksteves.com/tours
• Guidebooks: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/guidebooks
• Travel Gear: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/
• Travel Classes: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/travel-talks
• Rick Steves Audio Europe App: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-europe
Rick Steves, America’s most respected authority on European travel, writes European travel guidebooks, and hosts travel shows on public television and public radio.