Watch the full episode: https://youtu.be/8PtXOw7mnjQ Rising above a plain where the Lowlands meet the Highlands, Stirling Castle was the seat of the kings and queens of Scotland for hundreds of years. It’s no surprise that this strategic castle has hosted many of the biggest names and events of Scottish history, from Mary, Queen of Scots, to the Battle of Bannockburn. More info about travel to Scotland: https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/scotland #scotland #ricksteveseurope #stirling
Visit http://www.ricksteves.com for more information about this destination and other destinations in Europe.
Check out more Rick Steves’ Europe travel resources:
• “Rick Steves’ Europe” public television series: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/tv-show
• “Travel with Rick Steves” public radio program: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/radio
• European Tours: https://www.ricksteves.com/tours
• Guidebooks: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/guidebooks
• Travel Gear: https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/
• Travel Classes: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/travel-talks
• Rick Steves Audio Europe App: https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/audio-europe
Rick Steves, America’s most respected authority on European travel, writes European travel guidebooks, and hosts travel shows on public television and public radio.